How do I turn on the Nexus 7 when it won’t turn on?
This seems like an obvious question, but it sometimes isn’t. Often a tablet can end up in sleep or ‘deep sleep’ and the normal method of powering up doesn’t seem to work. Here are a few things to try if you find yourself in a similar situation.
1. Try holding the power button for 10 seconds. Sometime a tablet will go to ‘sleep’ and needs a little extra motivation to turn on.
2. If 10 seconds doesn’t work, try 30. If it seems like you have held the power button too long, hold it a little longer.
3. Sometimes your battery just isn’t charging. This sometimes happens when it runs completely dead, or is ‘locked up’. To fix this….
1. Plug your tablet into a wall charger.
2. Hold the power button along with the volume down button until you access the bootloader.
3. Once in the booatloader scroll to the ‘power off’ option by using the volume controls.
4. Once powered down, unplug your tablet and plug it in again.
5. Let it charge for a while and see if it will power on.